1. Buy your favorite cake mix and follow the mixing directions
2. Pick your favorite colors. It's easiest if you pick 2, but you can pick up to 6
3. Divide the batter into bowls for each color you want and mix in food coloring into each bowl until you get the color you want
4. Spoon in each of the colors into the paper cupcake cups. This can take a while so I would wait until you're about halfway done to start preheating the oven
5. When the oven is ready, bake the cupcakes according to the
directions on the box of the cake mix
When the cupcakes are almost done cooling, make the frosting by whisking together:
1 cup and 3 table spoons of confectioners' sugar (sift it into the bowl first)
3/4 cups of heavy cream
1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
As soon as the frosting is done, immediately pour it onto the cupcakes. The frosting is drippy, so I suggest putting the cupcakes on a cookie sheet before adding the frosting so make the clean up easier.
Then add some of your favorite sprinkles to the top and voila! Delicious AND beautiful cupcakes personalized with your favorite colors, enjoy!